Importance of Trails
Rail Trails Benefit People & Nature By:
- Improving the quality of life for the entire community.
- Restoring vitality to damaged and abandoned land.
- Connecting people with the natural world and providing outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Attracting visitors who purchase lodging, food and recreation services.
- Preserving part of our local history.
- Educating children and adults in outdoor classrooms.
- Providing refuge and safe migration routes for wildlife.
- Preserving biodiversity of plants and animals.
- Providing alternate transportation routes.
- Increasing the value of nearby homes.
- Offering sanctuaries of calm to escape the stress of modern life.
Hiking, Walking, Running, Biking, Snowshoeing, Cross Country Skiing, and Horseback Riding.